This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961533 by SausageRoll
11 May 2023, 19:36
I was happy to receive the announcement a few months ago about VA joining Sky Team, as being able to use your flying points across more routes and more airlines can only be a good thing.

I wondered what people's experiences are using the new sky team alliance and if it's worth the effort/hassle.

I understand that you have to book via the Virgin Atlantic call centre to use your flying points, which, as we know, can be a bit of a ballache as it is. The other issue I suspect you may have is that it makes comparing prices/dates more difficult, as you are at the mercy of the call handler to help you out (the VA website says you should be able to search routes from alliance partners, but I can't get it to work).

In any case, I was looking at how many points I'd need to fly return from the UK to Thailand, business class and offpeak. If I'm reading the VA website correctly, that'll set you back 377,000 flying points.

That seems ludicrous to me, making the whole thing pointless. Have I misunderstood?

https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/gb/e ... oints.html