This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963128 by CraigWatson
10 Jan 2024, 15:12
Might be a really silly question, but can you access the main T3 check-in/departures building from the short stay car park without using the link-bridge which takes you to the north side of the terminal?

Reason for asking is that I'm currently weighing up Meet & Greet vs Valet parking options, and walking across the forecourt is preferred to taking the long route and traipsing across the entire length of the terminal building to the VS desks (flying UC), but if you can get to the main building via the forecourt I'll book M&G and save some cash :)
#963135 by Scarebus350
11 Jan 2024, 19:33
Yes you can, we did this a couple of weeks ago.

There are some lifts between the meet & greet office and the bridge. Go down to the ground floor and turn right out of the lifts and keep right and walk around as if you are going right around the back of the lifts. This brings you onto the drop off/forecourt area. Just walk across the pedestrian crossings and into the check in area.

We didn’t try this, but I believe that there is another lift in the vicinity of the m&g drop off area which should take you down to the tunnel from the tube station, and you can obviously just walk to the end of there and up the escalator to the front door of check in.
#963137 by Silver Fox
13 Jan 2024, 09:51
Probably too late now but what I do is this: when you drive through the tunnel and make sure that you are in the left lane and upon exiting the tunnel follow the signs for car park 1A. It is a sharpish left turn so keep 'em peeled! Follow the signs to the car park and park up. It's then a short walk across 2 roads/traffic lights and you will enter the back of T3 where the Cafe Nero is. So much easier than going around the forecourt and also when you exit it is quicker too.