This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961610 by narikin
24 May 2023, 17:36
Was searching for a reward miles flight (NYC>LHR) in Economy in about 10/11/12 days time, but it only shows PE/ Premium Economy on every single day. Nothing in any other class. PE is definitely not my choice - I'd rather be in the back or the front of the plane - why sit in the middle and pay all those high taxes but still be in a regular seat?!

(I'm lifetime Au, tho' it doesn't seem to matter for this)
#961612 by buns
24 May 2023, 20:47
A quick search on SeatSpy indicates availability June 6 thru 12, but, as you say, nothing the week before.

I can only surmise this is the start of the US Summer Holidays, so bookings in economy may have been made months ago.

buns
#961624 by narikin
26 May 2023, 15:49
Thanks Buns,

Don't know SeatSpy - will check it out. I use ExpertFlyer on occasion, but its a rather steep learning curve with that!

I'm based in NYC with a kid, and its not the start of school holidays here, other regions may differ. (Arizona schools have broken up I'm told, to avoid the super hot summer months, I guess) But as I am looking at NYC flights, it can't be that - tho' clearly something's amiss.

Shame they don't give Au's some kind of 'inside track' on EC miles flights.