This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961619 by pmramsay
26 May 2023, 12:10
I believe this is possible on BA if you have enough miles but I am struggling to find the answer for Virgin. Can you book, for example, upper class seats when they are released online and then call up and have your upgrade voucher retrospectively applied to your booking and then Virgin would refund the miles that the voucher would save you?
#961625 by moodyblue
26 May 2023, 15:53
Not sure if this fully answers the question but I recently booked UC flights and after the call realized I had not used my companion voucher. I called VS and spoke with a different agent who cancelled my first booking and re-booked the same flight but under a new booking reference having ensure that the seats were held first. I then had to pay again and I am now waiting f or the refund of the first booking. So far its12 days but I understand it can take up to 14 days for a refund to be applied to my cc account.
Maybe you could do the same?
#961659 by pmramsay
30 May 2023, 16:08
If this is like BA system that would require reward seats going back into inventory so you could rebook them. Sometimes they do and sometimes they dont. Hopefully I will just be able to call up and get the seats I want!