This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963746 by OliverD241
09 Apr 2024, 15:03
Just checked my flight to Boston in 3 weeks. Still £300 per seat. Not inclined to pay that much when it’s 6.5h-7h flight
#963834 by mitchja
21 Apr 2024, 02:34
VS appear to be using dynamic pricing now as just noticed my return flight home on Monday, the Retreat suite has now dropped to £288.

It seems if you are willing to risk waiting, you can get the retreat suites a little bit cheaper. The 2 on my outbound flight last week were occupied weeks ago which I guess the pax paid £349 each for.

I still don't think opening these seats up weeks before departure is a good thing. My outbound BOS flight next month changed from an A339 to an A333 today. I don't think anyone had selected the Retreat Suites but I guess if they had, VS would have to refund the cost when such A/C swaps occur.
#963836 by OliverD241
21 Apr 2024, 06:17
My BOS flight on 4th May is showing still at £300. If it dropped to £250 or less id take it.

In regards to your AC swap. Most likely due to the fact the new Neo G-VSRB was supposed to be in operation from 6th May, and now it’s only expected from 20th May. On May 4th they scheduled 3x JFK and 1x BOS so barring any mechanic problems, should be ok.

We had the same situation last year with our Tampa flight where they scheduled 3 Neos as they were expecting the 3rd to be delivered but it was late delivered; thankfully they swapped the AC on the other flight and kept Neo on our flight.

See below current schedule of Neo operations, subject to change due to late deliveries:

May 20th:
5 Neo: 1x TPA, 4x JFK

August 8th:

6 Neo: 4xJFK, 2xBOS

5tH September -
7 Neo: 2x BOS, 1x TPA, 4x JFK

Sunday 27th October
1x IAD, 1xMIA, 4xJFK, 1xTPA, 1xBOS