This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962581 by CommanderB
13 Oct 2023, 16:06
Currently, there is no way to price a specific fare bucket other than the lowest selling one available on the Virgin Atlantic site. You either have to call the ticketing line to find out or use the ITA matrix. This is a quick post to show how you can use the ITA routing code to get the price for a fare without calling Virgin direct. I referenced this workflow in my upgrades topic but I wanted this to be standalone information.

In the below example I am searching for an C fare from LHR to LAS. Pretty straightforward example.

Routing code limits the search to only Virgin Atlantic (VS). This could be expanded to include Delta too if I wanted Delta flight options.

Extension codes are used to limit what kind of fares are shown. In this case I have said Fare Booking Code is C so I do not see Z, I, C or J fares.

This methodology is useful to see if VS can sell a certain type of ticket too. I needed to get to somewhere in the Caribbean that VS didn’t fly to, but DL did. And I could use this same workflow to workout whether VS could ticket the itinerary without calling them.

The ITA matrix is insanely powerful and the ? tooltips explain what each field does, so I am not going to repeat all of that in this thread.

Happy ticketing!

(Mods, can this be stickied too so it doesn't get lost? Happy to keep it up to date).