This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962856 by catsilversword
27 Nov 2023, 19:55
Is there a specific time that reward seats are released? Just spent some time trying to get seats, outward available but no return - but the person I spoke to said she can see a good number of UC seats available, so it’s likely more will be released. Is this as random as it sounds?
#962857 by CommanderB
27 Nov 2023, 23:34
It’s very dynamic yes. But generally they will appear within a day or so of the flight going on say 330 days in advance. After that, once that availability has been depleted, reward seats come and go on a day by day basis depending on the flight load.

VS is very good at releasing seats in the 7 days running up to departure if the cabins are quiet. So if you can’t snag some, keep checking in the run up to the flight and you can often bag an upgrade.

Good luck.
#962860 by catsilversword
28 Nov 2023, 09:41
Thanks commander. The person I spoke to did seem confident more will be released, though of course no idea of timing. She also tried looking at an open jaw, which didn’t work either. Also mentioned booking outward and holding for 72 hours, as well as booking return in premium and then keep checking back for UC to appear. I think many of you here would have taken either or those options, I didn’t feel confident to do so though!

While ob the phone, email dropped about extending the sale until midnight tonight, at the same time points needed went up! And now has gone down again…

The search continues….
#962861 by catsilversword
28 Nov 2023, 09:42
Thanks commander. The person I spoke to did seem confident more will be released, though of course no idea of timing. She also tried looking at an open jaw, which didn’t work either. Also mentioned booking outward and holding for 72 hours, as well as booking return in premium and then keep checking back for UC to appear. I think many of you here would have taken either or those options, I didn’t feel confident to do so though!

While ob the phone, email dropped about extending the sale until midnight tonight, at the same time points needed went up! And now has gone down again…

The search continues….
Virgin Atlantic