Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#962940 by roadrunner
10 Dec 2023, 20:32
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Thank heavens M25 traffic eased up so we could get a couple of Clubhouse hours! Checked in quickly and asked if we could take the elevator to CH check in as we have vouchers. Agent said she had never had anyone ask but give it a try. So we did. Answer_ No.
So... went long way around which was fine and got to the CH bar in time to see the finals of the World Cup with a glass of rose fizz and a very football knowledgeable 10 year old sat watching England lose with his father. Game over and time on the deck enjoying the 'fresh' air and the sight of 8 VS planes being readied, we came back down to the wicker chair windows, selected papers to read and settled in.
I visited the deli for my meal (is it just me or have the deli offerings also shrunk along with the meals menu?) and he ordered his-- all good, no surprises, more fizz. A little apprehensive that our plane would be on time (last flight it was out of service) we enjoyed the CH time by frequent walks and a little shop therapy downstairs in the departure halls. I do miss the CH before it was just tables.
Flight called, we boarded, this time NEO bulkhead seats were the A side, another glass of warm Prosecco, a fast meal, wine in a can and cabin crew moved up to UC attendance. The bulkhead A side is even more in the line of kitchen noise, lights and again no curtains drawn. This is an easy fix and one which used to be high on the list of flight manager attention, but again all efforts were up front so no one to really notice. Flight was a little late, but not enough to really matter and we were home at a decent time this time with hours before sunrise.
As always, key to any journey is safety and after all these years, VS have my compete confidence that is theirs as well.