This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963139 by dmc
13 Jan 2024, 12:57
I'm flying with Delta tomorrow for the first time in years, on a VS codeshare - can I still use the Upper Class Wing to check in (I'm Au) if I have a bag to check in, or do I need to go to the main Delta check-in desks?

Also does anyone know if the Upper Class Wing is open/operating anyway, with the work that's under way?

David
#963143 by mitchja
13 Jan 2024, 20:37
Yes, you can, from the VS website:

Who can access the Upper Class Wing?

Passengers travelling in the following cabins

Upper Class on Virgin Atlantic + a guest travelling with Virgin Atlantic or Delta
Delta One on Delta

Passengers with the following loyalty status

Flying Club Gold card members + a guest travelling with Virgin Atlantic or Delta
Delta Sky Miles Diamond and Platinum Medallions + a guest travelling on Virgin Atlantic or Delta
Flying Blue Platinum Members + a guest travelling on Virgin Atlantic or Delta
Virgin Australia Velocity Club Gold, Platinum and The Club card holders travelling on Virgin Atlantic

Whilst it's not confirmed, rumours are that whilst the Wing remains open; the security lane in there is currently closed and you will be directed out to the main T3 Priority security lanes.
#963144 by dmc
13 Jan 2024, 21:00
Thanks mitchja

I’d seen the website but wasn’t sure if it also applied when checking bags, thanks for confirming!

I’ll report back in the morning on the security lane situation.

David
#963145 by mitchja
13 Jan 2024, 21:33
Sorry, yes I should have made my reply a little clearer. All VS check-in desks including the 2 in the Upper Class Wing can accept either VS or DL bags.