This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963412 by CommanderB
26 Feb 2024, 12:17
tonyracks wrote:where is the fast track ..from the upper class wing is it close and ...is it busy we will arrive about 0630 am as ive been told the normal security is shut

Fast track is inside the Upper Class Wing. If you're arriving via car service or Uber. You'll be dropped inside the wing itself, speak to the wings dedicated check in staff, then walk about 12 meters down a corridor to the fast track security lane. If you're arriving via train, you will enter the main terminal building, go to the check in desks and then be directed up the escalator or life and enter the wing through a glass door and you'll be right in front of the fast track.

I'd recommend arriving via car service into the wing itself. Its a super cool experience.

As for how busy it is... mornings to early afternoon are generally busiest. But it really depends on the VS/DL schedule and load factors for the day. In my experience, it's very hit and miss nowadays. But either way, its still a nicer experience than normal security so don't worry about it.

You can arrive as early as you like at Heathrow and enjoy the Clubhouse.
#963441 by Fordie
29 Feb 2024, 17:50
I’ve heard the drive thru check in is currently closed for a refurb with more check in desks opening in may again.
I’ve been told use the UC check in area inside the terminal and to ask about using the UC Lift inside to make sure it’s still open for the security features.

Anyone been lately to confirm that’s the case?
Cheers
#963443 by OliverD241
29 Feb 2024, 17:56
Yes, will be closed until May. They are changing the security scanners (found this post on twitter/X). So it means after May we will able to take liquids over 100ml through security
Attachments
IMG_0070.jpeg
IMG_0070.jpeg (398.16 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
#963445 by Fordie
29 Feb 2024, 18:03
Oh yeah heard about that part also to help not needing to remove as much haha following USA I suspect.

I’m wondering if they’ll let us use the UC elevator up to still get some perks as I loved the DTCI option every time I’ve been the LHR! So much quicker.

OliverD241 wrote:Yes, will be closed until May. They are changing the security scanners (found this post on twitter/X). So it means after May we will able to take liquids over 100ml through security
#963453 by moodyblue
01 Mar 2024, 11:24
Virgin website shows DTCI to remain open Mar to May when private security re opens. Hope so as we fly 19 Mar so we will doubtless use the same fast track security line as other airlines.
#963454 by calmdave
01 Mar 2024, 16:31
I am a MAN regular in UC but have just booked a trip via LHR. Have decided to stay at the Aerotel hotel situated inside Terminal 3

I know I have to walk the length of the terminal to check in but does anyone know how UC check in works for walk ups? (not drive-ins) . Any special entrance or procedure etc ?
#963455 by mitchja
01 Mar 2024, 16:53
There's nothing different about standard Upper Class Check-in desks at LHR.
#963461 by Fordie
01 Mar 2024, 21:08
Really? I may need to ask more about this as I was told they’re adding more check in desks due to busy times. I just thought if it is closed that the elevator for UC is useable to fast track security.

moodyblue wrote:Virgin website shows DTCI to remain open Mar to May when private security re opens. Hope so as we fly 19 Mar so we will doubtless use the same fast track security line as other airlines.
#963465 by CommanderB
02 Mar 2024, 13:52
I just used the wing.

The check in desks are operating normally, once you drive in, check in etc you just walk out into T3 and down to the fast track security in operation. It was empty, really quick. The new machines make it way easier. Also dumps you out into the terminal AFTER duty free so you don't have to experience that, although that will be a short lived benefit.

The lift is also still working fine too.

Cheers from the Clubhouse!
#963467 by moodyblue
02 Mar 2024, 19:53
If you use the new machines for scanning does that mean we no longer need to put liquids into plastic bags remove laptops etc from our bags.
Have a great flight!
#963470 by CommanderB
03 Mar 2024, 04:40
moodyblue wrote:If you use the new machines for scanning does that mean we no longer need to put liquids into plastic bags remove laptops etc from our bags.
Have a great flight!

Nothing came out of the bags. Just empty pockets, belt off. That was it. Watch can stay on. Pretty slick really.
#963471 by Fordie
03 Mar 2024, 19:00
That’s great news! Still being able to use the drive thru option. You still don’t have to pre book do you? Just rock up ready to go on holiday?

Glad the new machines make it a lot easier and quicker but good to hear you miss duty free bit of course that will change eventually

CommanderB wrote:I just used the wing.

The check in desks are operating normally, once you drive in, check in etc you just walk out into T3 and down to the fast track security in operation. It was empty, really quick. The new machines make it way easier. Also dumps you out into the terminal AFTER duty free so you don't have to experience that, although that will be a short lived benefit.

The lift is also still working fine too.

Cheers from the Clubhouse!
#963472 by CommanderB
03 Mar 2024, 20:11
Fordie wrote:That’s great news! Still being able to use the drive thru option. You still don’t have to pre book do you? Just rock up ready to go on holiday?

Glad the new machines make it a lot easier and quicker but good to hear you miss duty free bit of course that will change eventually

No need to pre-book at the wing, no. Just rock up.
Virgin Atlantic