This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963312 by territt
07 Feb 2024, 12:40
After speaking with Virgin it turns out I have 4 vouchers, but I was a little confused about how each one of these works, hoping some of the more seasoned travelers could help me out.

2 x Gold Lounge Passes - Do I need to be with the person using these? How do I gift them to over people?
1 x Gold Upgrade reward - how does this work? book PE and then can upgrade for free to upper? Can I give this one away?
1 x Gold Companion Flight - I have no idea how this one works.

Any help or advice would be great :-)
#963313 by Scarebus350
07 Feb 2024, 13:45
How have they managed to categorise the vouchers as such? Are these from the reward+ credit card or some other source?
If they are cc vouchers, you choose how they are used and they can be used for any of the above.

They can be gifted if you wish and you can just phone up to use them.

The upgrade is self explanatory, you buy a ticket in one cabin and upgrade to the next subject to award space.
The companion voucher is just that. You book an award ticket in a cabin and you take a companion along in the same cabin. If you are gold, the companion costs 0 miles, if you are a red, then it’s 50% of the miles needed.
#963315 by CommanderB
07 Feb 2024, 15:09
Sounds like someone cleared 2000+ tier points. Nice!

The upgrade rewards are really powerful in my eyes. You can either use it for a return flight or it can be used in two halves for two one way flights on the same or different bookings.

The vouchers work identically to those earned from the credit card, in fact, on the back end they're exactly the same. The only real difference is, you choose what you want the credit card voucher to be rather than the fixed use case you earn as specified above.
#963318 by CommanderB
07 Feb 2024, 20:40
Nice going! 2400 tier points is an achievement.

“Tax” for the upgrade voucher is a fixed fee one way per route. I did an LAX upgrade a couple of weeks ago and the fee was £325. Not sure what the other routes are as I’ve only done west coasts recently. It works the same way as a points upgrade.
Virgin Atlantic