This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963376 by SDFLYER
20 Feb 2024, 09:55
Just a quick question,

We have some friends who have booked a VS holiday to Dubai in economy delight, if available, can they upgrade to upper using a reward upgrade voucher ?

Thanks in anticipation,

Steve
#963380 by CommanderB
20 Feb 2024, 12:21
I'm not 100% sure how the Virgin Holidays/Virgin Atlantic combination work anymore. In the past Virgin Holidays was effectively a travel agent so they'd have to manage the use of the voucher on the travellers behalf. Even if they still are a travel agent, I would expect this to be possible.

As for the use of the voucher, yes they can use it to upgrade but only by one cabin. So it can either be Economy to Premium OR Premium to Upper. They cannot jump from Economy to Upper using the voucher.
#963381 by Mabby
20 Feb 2024, 15:09
Just to add from recent experience, they would need to pay for the flight portion of the holiday and then get virgin holidays to contact virgin Atlantic. to get the flight ticketed

Once that’s done contact flying club regarding the voucher

I think they could pay to upgrade to premium then use the voucher to upgrade to upper

Alan