This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963407 by sjcraythorne
26 Feb 2024, 07:54
Hi All,

It's with a somewhat heavy heart, after approximately 14 years of collecting Virgin miles through predominantly the Mastercard (and previously the Virgin Amex) I'm going to move to collecting Avios once this annual credit card cycle lapses.

Living in Northern Ireland, and now with a family travelling circle of 3, getting connecting flights, pre-night accomodation and taxes and fees, I'm not sure the value is there any more. We've had some amazing flights in Upper, and I still have 350,000 miles still to spend. Yes, I know Avios isnt perfect, but I think its the better option for us currently.

What is the best way, or how do I find out exactly when my Mastercard fee is due again? I want to be sure to cancel it in time...

Many thanks (also for the help here over the years!)
#963410 by mitchja
26 Feb 2024, 09:43
You will either need to ring Virgin Money and they will be able to tell you your anniversary date or look back at previous statements.

Virgin Money do generally send you an email a few weeks before your annual fee is always due as well. I certainly get an email from them reminding me.

(If you have had the Virgin Money version of the card since it launched though, your fee will be applied at the beginning of April as that's when mine is always applied).
#963411 by jimbowimbo
26 Feb 2024, 10:51
I did this via contacting them through the chat feature of their app where they can tell you when your renewal fee/date is due. And then cancel the card via the weblink they give you