This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963736 by EstelleB
08 Apr 2024, 10:35
Hello - one for the experts out there before I call up to FC!

Does anyone have experience of / know if you can change how you have used a reward voucher on a booking? We are booked MAN-MCO this Summer, I'm UC both ways, my grown up kids are UC out and PE back. I upgraded the two of them one way out to UC using a voucher, but we now have a bit of a complication and I'm not sure which way to go with it.

My son's girlfriend has decided to join us and has booked (revenue seat) PE both ways as that is all she can stretch to. First question is, could I change how I used my reward voucher so instead of upgrading both kids one way, I just upgrade my daughter both ways and put my son back into PE with his girlfriend? I feel like maybe I could if the FC rep knew what they were doing, but it is complicated. It would be even more complicated I am guessing because both kids are on the same booking, but would then be flying out in different cabins?

My other option would be to upgrade his girlfriend with my points but.... my points!

Regarding the 1903 lounge, I think I have asked this before, but can someone travelling in UC take a guest in or do they need to pay?

Thanks for all of the support on here, always helps.
#963739 by mvp63
08 Apr 2024, 10:59
Regarding the 1903 lounge, yes you can take one guest BUT…

In my experience the manager gleefully tells you they are at capacity so no you can’t.

Then you go in, to find the lounge half empty.

Apparently it is in their T&Cs, but nowhere on the Virgin site does it say “maybe you might be able to take someone in”. It says you can.

So I would not count on it. There are now a lot of decent looking bars/restaurants in T2 anyway, so it’s not all bad.
#963745 by Mabby
09 Apr 2024, 14:53
From my experience I always find FC very helpful and would at least try them to see what they can do to help.

The bookings for the kids would be split and you should get half a voucher back?

Expect anything to happen with the 1903 lounge
Virgin Atlantic