This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963767 by Carolann245
Yesterday, 09:12
I’ve booked premium seats to the Maldives next March . I want to upgrade them to upper with reward points but I know how popular they are . I have been watching and my outgoing date is released in a couple of days . I called my TA at Virgin holidays to pay the total cost of the flights so they can be ticketed ready for me to pounce on the upgrades but she said they can not ticket them outgoing flight until the return flight comes into the ticketing window - so 8 days after my outgoing flight. This means I have no chance of getting the outgoing upper class upgrade . Is there anyway around this please?
#963769 by EstelleB
Yesterday, 11:02
I've always bagged the outbound first and asked them to put them on hold until my return flights are released. However, this is through FC directly, and then some of their people will tell you that they can't do it.

I would suspect that going through VH they will say that it's not possible.
#963771 by OliverD241
Yesterday, 11:28
I would hold the flights directly with Virgin Atlantic. They can hold for 72 hours. Once this has passed, they will be released. Hold them again (under different name/ FC account). No payment / point deposit is needed.

Like the replied stated, sometimes FC representatives don’t know how to do this. So if you cannot hold them on 1st call, call back