This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963799 by mitchja
Today, 09:25
Off to New York today on the VS45. Stayed at the T4 Crowne Plaza. Drive-thru check-in open but still no dedicated security lanes yet.

You are directed to the standard Fast Track security which wasn’t too bad. New 3D scanners in use so everything stays in your bags now which speeds things up.

Just sat having breakfast. Clubhouse doesn’t appear too busy at the minute.

Whilst others may not agree with me, I’m glad to see the pool table has gone from the loft sitting area. The Pelotons have gone as well.
#963803 by buns
Today, 10:34
Good Morning James

Thanks for the update on the Upper Class Wing

Enjoy all the Clubhouse has to offer and hope you have a great crew :-D

Buns
#963805 by Treelo
Today, 11:18
Have a super trip James and, to echo buns, hope you have a great crew who will serve you a fabulous meal from the new menu.
#963806 by mitchja
Today, 11:38
Thanks all.

One thing I forgot to mention is the OLCi is now slightly different in that VS can now fully verify your passport using the app before you reach the airport.

If you complete FlyReady via the website using a mobile device or check in online using the app, you are now asked to scan your passport. You get a ‘INT DOCS-OK’ message on the mobile app boarding pass once that’s been done.
#963808 by EstelleB
Today, 13:52
Thanks for this info.

Can I just clarify what is OLCi? I'm also getting a bit confused with the pre-requirements and apps these days! So I get it right in my mind, if you are doing online check in on the VA app you don't need to do Fly Ready, or should you do both?

Also can you tell me how the new US passport control app works (or does it) for UK visitors with an ESTA?

Thanks
Virgin Atlantic