This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963883 by Rainbowpantsjay
Today, 12:05
I have the opportunity to book BA 787 first to PVG for a very small price difference to that of UC with VS.
Anyone got any recommendations on BA and if the switch would be worth it?

Also have fully flex tickets with VS, how easy is it to get a refund and timeline to normally have this processed.
#963884 by cheesebag
Today, 13:51
Been with BA first twice in last 12 months and is in my opinion above UC, Concorde lounge was nice and quiet, very attentive staff and a kitchen willing to cook to your needs (including my wife with intolerances)

Both times i was on a 787 and such a small cabin meant you were attended to fully through the flight, saying that I still like the quirkiness of VS although it's defiantly not what it used to be!

Honest opinion... please don't shout at me :-D
#963885 by jimbowimbo
Today, 15:42
No question BA for me. I made the switch 10 months ago due to relocating to Dubai which back then Virgin didn’t serve. The difference is noticeable. Concorde room is delightful at T5, on board food blows VA out the park, and seats in BA first are more akin to retreat suite size for every seat. Only place I still prefer VA is the crew (normally). BA are a little more stiff but in first are very attentive.
I think it’s slightly unfair to compare BA first to VA UC though as VA is certainly a business product not a First experience. My biggest gripe with VA is the menu choices/experiance. BA & Qatar are light years ahead