This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#31 by jm
28 Nov 2003, 20:34
My wife and I are flying to LHR from JFK in the middle of June in Upperclass. What are our chances of flying in the upperclass suite? This is our first time flying Virgin Atlantic upperclass. Usually we fly Delta Business Elite. In the event we don't get to fly in the suite, what is VA's upperclass product like now? How does it compare with Delta's Business Elite? Thanks in advance for all replies.
#25050 by Pete
28 Nov 2003, 22:42
Welcome jm.

If you're on the VS04/03 JFK-LHR-JFK, then you've got an excellent chance. I also suspect there will be quite a few more aircraft with Suites fitted by June - so even if you're not on the 4/3, then you'll still have a good chance.

I've not flown Delta Business Elite, so can't offer a comparison, but the Virgin product features excellent clubhouse lounges at both ends, the 'Revivals' lounge at Heathrow, limos both ends, a bar on board, 'Virgin Touch' beauty treatments both in the lounges and on board plus the 'Freedom Menu', which gives you flexible meal times. In the J2000 seat (which is what you'll get if the Suites aren't fitted), the seat reclines flat - albeit at an angle. There's an image of the cabin at the following link:

http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.cgi?156233

Hope this helps,

Pix.
#25063 by jm
30 Nov 2003, 21:51
Thanks for the information, especially the link to the first class cabin as it now exists. I checked our tickets. We're not on 4/3, but I have my fingers crossed that our plane will have the suites fitted by the time we fly. Cheers.