This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#342 by Jock
29 Feb 2004, 19:55
I am booked (11th July) to fly on a Virgin Atlantic charter flight from London Gatwick to San Juan (to join a cruise ship). I have already flown VA to New York and that was OK but worry in case very old aircraft are used for charters. Does anyone have any idea of the type of aircraft likely to used for this flight and if it is likely to be a very old member of the fleet? You will notice that I am a nervous flyer!!
#26219 by Tinkerbelle
29 Feb 2004, 20:41
The aircraft that are operating these flights are the Gatwick based 747-400s
#26237 by arfortune
01 Mar 2004, 15:09
I'm flying out on the 25/7/03 (we'll probably pass in the airport!!!)and have been told by Princess that the flights are from Heathrow. The Aviation department (Princess) didn't know what aircraft would be used, but the breakdown of seats corrolated to an A 340-300.

I'm trying to find it, but I asked a similar question a couple of months ago, and was told that G-VWOW had operated one of these flights (LHR based 747.

Would be keen to find out what exactly will be utilised.

Alex
#26369 by arfortune
05 Mar 2004, 10:43
Just spoken to VA Customer Services. Apparently they aren't able to find out where the flights go from (LHR or LGW)and have no information regarding the flights!