This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#427 by redfox
12 Mar 2004, 16:14
I see from the Aircraft database that a number of VS aircraft are 'on ice'/ in storage at Majove Airport. Does anyone know what plans Virgin has for these aircraft?
See: http://www.mojaveairport.com/newweb/storage.htm
Yon can just make out a VS 747-200 in the following image Image

Redfox
FC Silver
#26657 by mitchja
12 Mar 2004, 17:29
Not sure - but I doubt if any 747-200 will ever come back into service- they are not very efficient so I don't think it would be cost-effective.

Saying that the 747-200 I flew to YYZ did have the J2000 seats in UC so they wouldn't need much updating if they where to come back into service.

James
#26717 by JonBuck
14 Mar 2004, 19:54
I agree, I think it would be unlikely that they would come back into service with Virgin. A few that were in Mojave have been sold: G-VCAT and G-VZZZ. G-VIBE, G-VPUF and G-VRUM are still showing as present at Mojave. I assume the aircraft in the photo is G-VIBE as the other two have been re-painted white.

Photos like these make great viewing, at the same time I find it rather sad to them not in use. Having said that, seeing G-VIRG "Maiden Voyager" in use with KABO AIR is not the ending I expected for the first ever VS plane.