This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#446 by KeithAB
14 Mar 2004, 22:29
I've looked through the other threads but couldn't see an answer to this question.

Basically, the person who books my travel has told me that Virgin charge extra for the long length legroom seats and for the twin seats at the back of the 747s and so has normally refused to do this (I normally have an L grade ticket) - is this true?

Keith
#26719 by The_Banking_Scot
14 Mar 2004, 23:36
Hi KeithAB,

While Virgin sometimes charge £50 for the exit row seats ( depends on the load factors i think and only at aiport check in?), I have not heard of VS charging for the twin seats at the back ( rows 62-65 approx) I have never been charged for those and has not been mentioned before.

Regards

TBS
#26735 by Nottingham Nick
15 Mar 2004, 18:59
I concur with TBS.

Charging for exit rows is controversial enough - especially with our American cousins - please don't put more ideas into their heads :D

Charging for exit rows smacks of charter airlines, but the maxim has to be a business one. If people are prepared to pay ( I am certainly prepared to pay east bound) then it must make sense.

Nick
#26744 by KeithAB
15 Mar 2004, 20:33
Nick and TBS,

Many thanks for your responses.

Keith