This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#525 by mitchja
22 Mar 2004, 17:40
Again on an up-coming UC flight I'll be using the limo service when I arrive at SFO for the first time.

How does the limo service work [?] Will have have to look out for a driver in arrivals or will I need to go to a limo desk at SFO [?]

Feels like a proper first Virgin flight again - hopefully UCS for LHR-SFO-LHR, maybe V:Port as well, LHR Clubhouse and limo service too. I'll be well chuffed if I get to fly on GV-ROC. All for 88,000 FC miles :D
Not that I'm exicted or anything [8D]
#27377 by The_Banking_Scot
22 Mar 2004, 23:42
Hi,

I think there is a limo desk with a VS sign beside it. I do not know exactly where after customs it is though.

Have fun.

Mu UC flight to SFO is in 2 weeks & 2 days (not that I'm counting mind you :))

Regards

TBS
#27399 by AlanA
23 Mar 2004, 09:30
quote:Originally posted by mitchja

Feels like a proper first Virgin flight again - hopefully UCS for LHR-SFO-LHR, maybe V:Port as well, LHR Clubhouse and limo service too. I'll be well chuffed if I get to fly on GV-ROC. All for 88,000 FC miles :D

James, Is your UC trip an award flight? I thought these did not have the limo service? According to the VS web site only the J & d, wheras Z & G don't?
#27421 by jaguarpig
23 Mar 2004, 12:35
quote:James, Is your UC trip an award flight? I thought these did not have the limo service? According to the VS web site only the J & d, wheras Z & G don't?

10000 miles for a one way limo transfer extra
#27433 by AlanA
23 Mar 2004, 14:21
quote:Originally posted by jaguarpig
quote:James, Is your UC trip an award flight? I thought these did not have the limo service? According to the VS web site only the J & d, wheras Z & G don't?

10000 miles for a one way limo transfer extra

What do people think about this? Is the use of 10,000 miles worth it?
The limo is still only within 30 miles of LGW?
#27435 by Bazz
23 Mar 2004, 14:44
Personally I would rather use my miles towards a reward flight but that's coz we don't have a lot of em! travelling only for leisure.

If I was a regular business pax with more miles then I guess 10K for the limo is fine, it's down to personal circumstances and preferences, for me the limo is not a good deal and I also have a regular driver and a very good deal ;).
#27454 by onionz
23 Mar 2004, 16:02
quote:
Originally posted by mitchja

How is it 88,000 miles? I thought it was 80,000 for the UC flight and 10,000 for the limo?
#27463 by mitchja
23 Mar 2004, 16:58
78,00 miles for the UC flight (yes I booked online and so received a 2000 mile discount) and 10,000 miles for 1 limo transfer.

I'm having a few days in SFO then flying HP (America West) to LAS for a few more days, flying back to SFO and connecting straight to VS20. Done it this way so I'll hopefully get UCS both ways :D Even if it's not UCS it will be J2000.

If booking return flight rewards online you get a 1000 mile discount on economy, 1500 for PE and 2000 for UC. Each one-way limo transfer is 10,000 miles (this has to be booked over the phone though)
#27468 by mitchja
23 Mar 2004, 17:12
quote:Originally posted by Bazz
Personally I would rather use my miles towards a reward flight but that's coz we don't have a lot of em! travelling only for leisure.

If I was a regular business pax with more miles then I guess 10K for the limo is fine, it's down to personal circumstances and preferences, for me the limo is not a good deal and I also have a regular driver and a very good deal ;).

When I normally arrive in SFO I usually pick up a car and drive into the city (it's not quite as bad as driving in NYC but not far off!!!!) but this time as it's a total-100% much-needed relaxing leisure trip I thought blow it - what the heck, why not.

I dont think I would make a habit out of spend miles on limos all the time though.
#27473 by Decker
23 Mar 2004, 17:20
Thanks for the clarification - I was trying to do the math! (As in say 80,000 = £2K then 10,000 = £250 = expensive limo!).
#27485 by stevendq
23 Mar 2004, 17:41
I recently booked a Z UC ticket, so no limos. Rang VS and they said I could book them direct (they use TriStar). As they are the only limo company authed to use the drive through check in I gave them a call. From Southampton to London was £215 (one way).

Expensive indeed, but makes it easier to see why you need a J class ticket to get them from virgin.
#27487 by Decker
23 Mar 2004, 17:50
Ahhh - I live at the bottom of the M4 (London end) so the 20 minute journey never seemed worth it :-). Perhaps I should price TriStar just for the thrill ;)
#27488 by stevendq
23 Mar 2004, 18:04
They have a minimum charge of £50 or so.. (I checked from an airport hotel, thinking it wouldnt be much more than a taxi.. stupid me).
#27490 by Decker
23 Mar 2004, 18:23
quote:Originally posted by stevendq
They have a minimum charge of £50 or so.. (

Still as an occasional treat - our normal car service is about £30. Have mailed them and asked for details....
#27514 by bluefish
23 Mar 2004, 21:41
Hi At SFO normally after you run the gauntlett of security etc as you come into the arrivals hall some one is standing directly infront of you with a VirginLimo Clip board.

For SFO Get off the plane quick and don't be afraid to push past all the people doradaling along, as BA, Cathay and someone else who I can't remmeber all land at the same time, and the difference between the front of the queue is no queue to 2 hrs, especially on a friday or saturday when the flights are delayed because of the weekend business out of LHR
#27515 by mitchja
23 Mar 2004, 21:44
Thanks for that Bluefish

I fly on a Sunday so I dont think it will be too bad - I've always been lucky and at the front of the queue most times when arriving at SFO.
Virgin Atlantic