This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#625 by Virgin Lover
30 Mar 2004, 00:31
Hi,

Hello, I am Neil and this is my first post here, although I have been reading the forum for a while.

I have a theory about the Manchester - Orlando route that seems to be a hot topic of conversation!!

I think that virgin are holding back with the MAN-MCO in order to introduce that A380 there in 2006. It would make perfect sense, as this it (could be!) a huge volume route.

It is already difficult to book Orlando holidays with Vhols flying from Manchester and I have wondered for a while about the reasons for using Air Atlanta and not introducing their own 744's or another daily rotation.

Manchester is a huge catchment for Orlando as it takes in Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield and a number of other Major Cities. It is a big route for charter operators with Air2000, My Travel, Britannia, EAL, Monarch etc. all flying daily to Orlando. The A380 here would make perfect sense.

What do you think?
#28140 by declansmith
30 Mar 2004, 02:22
From 2005 VS wil operate three daily flights a day to Orlando from LGW and one from Manchester.

The A380 will only be based at LHR and fly to JFK, LAX, SFO, HKG, SYD and NRT.

Manchester will be luck y to get a 747-400 let alone a A380
#28146 by AlanA
30 Mar 2004, 09:28
quote:Originally posted by declansmith
From 2005 VS wil operate three daily flights a day to Orlando from LGW and one from Manchester.

The A380 will only be based at LHR and fly to JFK, LAX, SFO, HKG, SYD and NRT.

Manchester will be luck y to get a 747-400 let alone a A380

Yes, don't want those shell suit wearing Lancastrians using our nice planes do we? :D:D:D:D:D

Seriously, it is a cattle class service even in Club Orlando. I would imagine that if VS could do it they would have taken out any seats other than economy to shove even more cattle in
#28180 by anteo
30 Mar 2004, 16:15
How many A380s will VS receive withing the first 12 months does anybody know..[?]
#28192 by TJ
30 Mar 2004, 17:22
Would MAN even be able to handle a huge plane like the A380?

I agree though that VS will only use it out of LHR. The Orlando route is really just a mass tourist route, so the current planes are fine. The main VS business + extra-long-haul routes (JFK, LAX, SYD, SFO etc) are a different story.
Virgin Atlantic