This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#28299 by Nottingham Nick
01 Apr 2004, 20:28
I have had a VERY lengthy email from Randy about the new FT, in which he says 'the new boards are dramatically different than what we are all used to'.

The main difference seems to be the ability to personalise FT to suit your needs.

If anyone wants a copy of the email, let me know - it is a bit long to post here, but I will if requested.

Nick
#28306 by BlackCat
01 Apr 2004, 23:11
Well, I'd love to see the new FlyerTalk but (a) it was down late afternoon and (b) it is decidedly molasses clogged at the moment. That's what you get for something written in PHP I guess... :)

BC
#28308 by The_Banking_Scot
01 Apr 2004, 23:21
Hi,

Even with broadband it is slowe than slow molasses compared to previously.

Ah well tomorrow is another day ( might be better also) :D

Regards

TBS
#28310 by BlackCat
01 Apr 2004, 23:29
I've just taken 5 mins to post a reply to a thread in the FC forum. Not good. Do people even bother testing things these days? Oh, and the breadcrumb trail at the top of the page doesn't work properly, half the image assets are not being served properly, and now I'm getting 404 errors all over the site.

Ho hum. Thank goodness for virginflyer anyway! :D

BC
#28311 by Pete
01 Apr 2004, 23:30
Hmmm... running so slowing I'm getting timeout errors before I can view the pages. Hope this is just a temporary problem, otherwise Randy will want to be polishing up the Smith & Weston and pointing it at his developers right about now...

Pix
#28318 by LAX21
02 Apr 2004, 06:29
yup... slow as heck even for my nice 3mbps cable connection ... :)
the "livery" on the site looks the same and i dont even see a Sign-in button.. either some technical difficulties or perhaps an April 1st prank :)
#28345 by Vegascrazy
02 Apr 2004, 12:19
I've got broadband but it's running so slow I've given up!
Virgin Atlantic