For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#1079 by vsdan
30 Apr 2004, 22:01
Now, Toronto is a place I would like to go, but unfortunately I woould have liked to have flown Virgin, but as they currently don't fly there, I just want to ask your advice - what airline to fly direct to Toronto. Continental are partners with Virgin, but I can't find direct flights. I know this sounds terrible but (gulp) but I was wondering whether BA were better than AC, as I've heard terrible reports about Air Canada, and whilst I don't wont to be like a traitor to Virgin, I would have no choice. However, I'm wondering whether BA are also shoddy. Well anyway, please tell me about the service experience of both (if you have flown with them trans-atlantic) and who would you choose to fly direct to Toronto.
#30752 by Pete
30 Apr 2004, 22:17
If I was being honest, I'd fly with Virgin to the East Coast of the USA then get another flight. No point making compromises for the sake of changing planes. That's what lounges are there for :D
#30754 by Nottingham Nick
30 Apr 2004, 22:20
My suggestion would be BMI.

I think they fly direct LHR - YYZ and you can get FC points with them.

Nick
#30765 by vsdan
30 Apr 2004, 23:02
Pix- That sounds like a good idea:D;), I just hope they would fly direct to Toronto like they did in 2001 (for a couple of months). BMI sound good, I think I will have a look at the website actually, they are supposed to have an excellent service.

Thanks
#30772 by vsdan
01 May 2004, 00:48
Nick, they do do direct flights with a BD flight code, but they are operated by Air Canada, or you could fly from LHR-MAN and catch the bmi flight (on a proper bmi flight) from MAN-YYZ, although doing this, you might aswell go to EWR, JFK, BOS or IAD with VS, and catch a flight from there to YYZ. However, the direct flight with bmi 'operated by Air Canada' would be good from LHR, with Flying Club miles still included. Does anyone have experience with Air Canada, are they good. Thanks Pix and Nick for your replies.

Regards
#30785 by jaguarpig
01 May 2004, 09:15
My first ever J class flight was to YYZ on excellent Canadian Airlines international about 15 years ago Direct from Manchester not a lot of use to you as I think Air Canada bought them out or they went tits up,pity because they were really good 2 class service so it was like being in First.Just think if they had been crap I would not have been bit by the premium travel bug and I would be retired by now.:D:D
#30861 by jilly
03 May 2004, 12:16
have flown lhr-yyz on air canada many times as my partner worked over there for a while. I have no complaints about their service and would rate them highly. We both worked for a travel agency at the time and had to take whatever flights were offered on an AD75, they were far superior to BA.

Jilly
Virgin Atlantic