For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#1196 by jcoles7
12 May 2004, 14:35
Hi all, I an off to Jamaica on the 7th November - 14th with VH (Staying at the Sandals Royal Plantation) I have seen on the Air Jamaica website that you can upgrade at the airport for a nominal fee. See web link http://www.airjamaica.com/news/topclass.asp

Has anyone every tried this or been able to upgrade ??
I says you can only upgrade to Business Class from Heathrow any idea's why ?? does that mean I could upgrade to "Top Class on the return trip ?? Any idea what this nominal cost would be ??

Regards

Jason
#31472 by Bazz
12 May 2004, 16:41
Hi Jason,

When we went to Cuba last year (Sandals Royal Hicacos on Air Jamaica through VH) I believe the cost was in the region of £400 per pax per leg - we didn't take up the offer ;)

If you are collecting FC Miles be careful what class you are ticketed in, we were in a non-mileage earning class and despite checking twice with VH before I received the tickets that they were miliage earning, when the arrived they wern't. [:(!] Mind you VH did cough up £400 in vouchers, so we couldn't complain about they way they dealt with the issue. [^]
#31518 by jcoles7
13 May 2004, 09:27
Bazz,

The price you refer too is the standard upgrade price with VH. Have a look at the site and it suggests that a nominal price can be paid to upgrade providing they have space at the airport on day of travel. I also saw a similar article in the in-flight magazine and the MD of Air Jamaica said he wanted everyone to have the opportunity to fly business and top class.

Jason

PS We went to the Royal Hicacos as well what a fantastic beach, shame about the long transfer from the airport and the state of the airport.
#32068 by jcoles7
21 May 2004, 11:44
Anyone else got any ideas/views on this ??

Cheers Jason