For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#1221 by Bazz
14 May 2004, 16:13
Looks kinda familiar somehow :D still they say imitation is the biggest form of flattery ;)

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/sl ... public/en_
#31656 by BlackCat
14 May 2004, 16:31
Thing is, it's not imitation. There was plenty of furore when this came out, since other than breakfast and a rather pathetic snack using the Raid the Larder service you get no food whatsoever on the plane. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

As we all know, on VS you can pop downstairs and have a meal at the bar whenever you want. No meals on the BA Sleeper Service. No bar either. :D

Sorry can't resist a spot of BA bashing...

How anyone chooses to fly NCW over VS UC from the UK is utterly beyond me. Fine, if VS doesn't fly the route, but it amazes me that anyone could prefer NCW seat, amenities or service to VS UC. Where's the limo? The in-flight beautician? The bar? The decent IFE? The flat bed for people who are more than 5ft6? The sleeper suits? The freedom meal service? The great Clubhouse and Arrivals lounge? And coupled with these missing features are the fact that you either have to climb over someone or have someone climb over you when they want to get out, and the cabins on all planes are as crowded with seats as anything I've seen, including G-VEIL!

Sure, not all VS UC features are always available (no limos on Z flights, no bar and beautician on ex-LGW flights) but even at its worst, VS UC is better than BA NCW. And wouldn't people rather fly an airline that dares to be different and dares to innovate?

Ah, I feel refreshed!

BC
#31693 by Bazz
15 May 2004, 14:25
Very concisely put BC, think you truly encapsulated it! ;)
#31695 by The_Banking_Scot
15 May 2004, 15:42
Hi,

BA does have the sleeper service on the 2 777 services leaving YYZ ( Toronto in the evening) but not on the earlier 747-400 that i'm taking( leaves 1830approx) so I will get to have dinner on board.

I agree that the main deck ( 8 abreast ) may be cramped and I was orignally booked in 13A but managed to book 63A so I'm on the upper deck both ways. ( If I was foreced onto a 777 I would definately choose another way to go!:))
At least there is an Arrivals lounge at LHR T4 to compare.

Now,I am considering daring to bare the VS sleep suit in NCW on my return overnight flight on 3rd Jul ;)

Regards

TBS
#31700 by Bazz
15 May 2004, 17:05
quote:Originally posted by The_Banking_Scot
...Now,I am considering daring to bare the VS sleep suit in NCW on my return overnight flight on 3rd Jul ;)

Regards

TBS

LOL, go for it TBS but make sure you have the kevlar lining fitted :D
#31941 by jaguarpig
19 May 2004, 16:09
VS Sleep suits are ready and as many UC & FCAU tags as can be mustered fitted to the bags for our upcoming fact finding mission on BA First to SEA next week.:D:D[B)]
#31942 by jaguarpig
19 May 2004, 16:11
& I forgot to mention in BA NCW there is now no priority baggage and no preflight champers glad we are in f.
Virgin Atlantic