For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#946539 by gilly
14 Oct 2018, 16:38
We are flying UC from LHR T3 in March and want to leave the car, using a Meet and Greet service. There are so many choices, and vastly differing prices, I have no idea which company to book with. We always used Purple Parking before their problems, and had great service, I see their name now, are they trading again?

Anyway, can anyone recommend the most reliable for Meet and Greet? If it’s a great price too, so much the better!

Thanks x
#946540 by Nottingham Nick
14 Oct 2018, 17:42
I know there was a lot of talk of Purple Parking going bust, but I don't think they ever stopped trading, and as far as I know it is still business as usual.
I always try and book the NCP Flightpath car park near the Park Inn on the Bath Road either through Virgin / Holiday extras, or whichever site offers the best deal - the big advantage for me there is that you keep your keys and don't have some herbert driving off in your car to who knows where?

Nick
#946541 by mitchja
14 Oct 2018, 17:43
I still use Purple Parking now as they offer Flying Club discounts + FC miles. Purple Parking is now run by Holiday Extras but they are still using the brand name.
#946543 by Turquoise
14 Oct 2018, 18:14
We used Purple Parking in March and it was just the same service as before. Have never had any problem with them. It was interesting to see where they took the car after we left it as we have a dashcam - about 20 minutes away in a vast parking lot! Not sure where!
#946549 by chumba
15 Oct 2018, 06:42
I used LHR own meet and greet parking in August, I drove the car through DTCI and dropped everyone off, then drove out an dropped it on the forecourt, I walked back into the terminal and up the lift through private security. Only took a few minutes.

Their price was cheaper for a week than anyone else (purple parking were £50 dearer) and also I joined LHR rewards which has a discount code for the parking as well.

I liked the fact that staff are always there in the drop off reception so if you’re early or late there’s no problem missing the waiting driver. Also when you arrive back it’s just a short walk Over the bridge from revivals.
#946556 by sky0000547
16 Oct 2018, 09:27
I have previously always used Purple Parking before their reincarnation but not M&G as I prefer not have them drive my car around Heathrow. PP site used to be at Brent Road but now they are using their old Buisness Parking site on Bath Road as their normal site. If I ever need M&G (very unlikely), I would go with someone I know such as PP.

However next month I have booked into NCP Flightpath as that was cheaper than Purple Parking as especially signed up to NCP and got extra discount.
#946642 by tommyb
20 Oct 2018, 15:18
If you’re not in a rush to book have a look at Heathrow’s own parking, at certain times of the year they will have an offer on and it is often more competitive than the local companies.
Virgin Atlantic