For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#949947 by ScoobySu
13 Apr 2019, 19:21
Hi all

Sorry for not posting for a while - I'd gone back to lurking ;-)

Hubby & I are travelling in PE to LAX on VS007 in June, so no Club House access for us ;-( but we do have DragonPass.

We have the choice of either No 1 Lounge or Club Aspire. Last year we pre-booked No 1 Lounge having experienced being declined as Priority Pass walk ups in previous visits to BHX and MAN.

So I'd be grateful if anyone has any thoughts ....

1. Is any one lounge better than the other?
2. With a 6.30 am ish arrival on a Friday would you still pre-book

PS DragonPass isn't my choice - I preferred PP as they had much wider coverage plus the $ 28 per card holder in US airport restaurants for when there was no lounge - but it's part of our packaged bank account :-(
#949957 by mitchja
14 Apr 2019, 11:16
Yes, you always need to pre-book the No 1 lounge at LHR. Every time I've been in there after pre-booking, I've always seen walk-ups being turned away every time, even the last time I was there and it wasn't particularly busy either.
#949958 by Nottingham Nick
14 Apr 2019, 12:03
mitchja wrote:Yes, you always need to pre-book the No 1 lounge at LHR. ..........

Same applies to the Aspire lounge. When we were there last month, they were turning away Priority Pass holders.
Several tables were reserved for customers of one airline, but I can't remember which one. It was much busier then I have even seen it before.

Neither lounge is a CH, but both get you away from the T3 masses. Aspire used to get our nod, as we found it quieter then No. 1, but may re-assess that for next visit.

There are a number of offers for lounges around at the moment - including quite a good one for No 1's 10th Birthday
https://no1lounges.com/promotions - use the code BIRTHDAY and I think you get up to 40% off.
I also think this offer expires around 19th April but am not sure.

Nick
#949959 by ColOrd
14 Apr 2019, 12:49
Sorry this should have been one post but i forgot to press submit!

You can actually pre book your Dragon Pass entry to the number 1 lounge now:

The aspire lounge in my mind is awful and the seats are so close together!

You can now with your DragonPass
pay an extra £5 which gets you a Gaurenteed entry and Prioriry security

https://no1lounges.com/dragonpass
#949962 by ScoobySu
14 Apr 2019, 14:46
Hi all

Many thanks for the replies - I was already leaning towards No 1 rather than Aspire so have payed the £ 5 pp to secure entrance.

Unfortunately the "BIRTHDAY" code only works for "full" bookings rather than lounge schemes, if that makes sense? The Priority Security offer only applies to Birmingham, Edinburgh and Gatwick pre-bookings though, rather than Heathrow :-(

Now to pre-order the duty free and Miles Boost whilst there are bonus miles offers .....
Virgin Atlantic