For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#950708 by Lucydog
03 Jun 2019, 12:39
Just to let you know what the outcome was when I arrived back from Cancun into Manchester on 27th April. As I said the weather was raining cats and dogs (heavy) when we arrived home on our TUI 787/9 at 7am early morning. We all gasped when un covered push up steps were attached to the plane and we all very gingerly walked out, the steps were water logged and as I went to walk down the first step I slithered down onto the next step down scraped my ankle/heel all the way down onto the next step, not realising I had a nasty open gash until we got bussed over to the terminal and hubby noticed blood on my foot, this was clean as the rain had washed my foot. Hubby decided to photograph it as it looked very sore. So a few days later I emailed Manchester and voiced my opinions of using steps uncovered in the rain, who informed me that this decision was taken by TUI and gave me a complaint number and would check video and inform health and safety, but I must make the complaint to TUI. I did make a complaint to TUI who have just replied by email with the decision that I Quote " It always hard to pin point the actual cause when customers are injured after the holiday at the return airport, I understand how upsetting this can be, and I hope you can appreciate that on a customer service level we can not be held liable for any accidents." So let me just say for gods sake don't go falling down the metal steps as nobody will care only your family, because nobody is to blame only yourself. Happy travelling everyone. :mrgreen: But just to let you know I am talking to health and safety about this who are not to pleased at the blasé outcome. Also my wound has not quite heeled yet as of the 03/06/2019.