Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#237523 by sky
23 Aug 2005, 07:06
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Better late than never.

I had arrived from Amsterdam late evening and then partied late into the night with friends, so I woke up a bit tired after 2 hours of sleep and went off on the Heathrow Express to the airport. There was a very cute bomb dog was on the train and sniffing all the luggage over and over again! Got to checkin around 8 o clock, got selected for a luggage search by the security agent and then let through to the checkin desk where I got checked in very quickly.

Strolled through security to the clubhouse where I ordered breakfeast, signature dish without muffin (wheat allergy), dropped my shoes of for polishing and scheduled a manicure. All three things turned out excellent! The breakfeast filled me well together with some of the snacks from the buffet, shoes where more polished than ever before and looked like new, and my nails where nice and shining. Boarding was called and I arrived to the gate after most people had boarded, got into my 8A chair and relaxed with a glass of champagne. Takeoff proceeded after a 20 minute slot wait and we where off towards SF.

Since I had not slept much and I wanted to readjust to PST quickly to be able to enjoy late dinners both on the day arrival and the following day (French Laundry reservation compliments of Amex concierge), I asked for a sleeper suit, delayed lunch meal (choose the thai chicken) and promptly went to sleep.

Woke up over Seattle after a truly nice and relaxing sleep! This is in my mind the best thing about Upper Class, the bed is just soo good! So I woke up for lunch in PST and went up and asked for food. However they had ran out of Thai Chicken! Apparently the FA had forgotten I ordered this, but they could provide me with a large serving of dim sum which I accepted! Food was served quickly and I ate it while watching The Office.

After an hour of random v-port watching it was time to change back into my civilian clothes, fold up my bed and strap in for landing which happened pretty much as scheduled.

Immigration would have been fast, if it hadn't been for the inability of a large groups of Italians to actually understand and act on verbal and written instructions. After a frustrating 25 minutes wait for 5 individuals in my queue ( I vastly prefer the round-robin shared queue system at other airports ) and sharing in agony with people around me with all the Italians block us, I got through, picked up my luggage and went out to meet my hostess.

All in all a pleasurable flight and I managed to stay up to midnight without much problem at all, had amazing sashimi and sake ( 25% of the price of Nobu in London and twice as good for the otoro, I wonder why I don't move here ) and slept well and woke up at 7am having beaten jet lag once more [:)].
#309440 by buns
24 Aug 2005, 21:11
Sky

Having just read your return TR, I can now see how you got there in the first place!

Looks like you know how to get the best from the UC service - it was good to see that the crew were able to rustle up some food for you after the earlier mix up.

Hope the French Laundry lived up to expectations.

buns