Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#239146 by easygoingeezer
28 Nov 2005, 13:27
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
If you read my outbound TR you will have noticed I was less than impressed, fortunately my return flight was the complete opposite and saved the day for me and my love of VA.

We used the downtown checkin for the first time ever and were very pleased with it.

Same seats upstairs as outbound the difference being we had two lovely ladies looking after us who appeared to be enjoying it too.

One cabin lady took and instant shine to my six and a half year old
nephew and spoiled him rotten all the way, he reciprocated with all the charm he could muster. She was also charming with me and quite a wine buff also, we had long chats about wine and my previous trips in UCS.

The food was actually very good and i was hinted at what not to choose
by the cabin crew. Booze water and juice flowed freely throughout the flight which was a joy from start to finish.

Unusually the films on return were far more interesting than the outbound I was also suprised how attentive the crew were on an eastbound as I usually find they like to take it easy coming home.

All in all I give my return trip 10/10.

Will be flying again in Nov, but just me and my m8 so back to UCS for me thank goodness

Oh yea and now I am silver yipee.
#320937 by ChuckC
28 Nov 2005, 22:52
Dear Mr. 'Silver Yipee' aka Egg!
Glad that your trip home saved the day. And good food as well!
Congratulations on becoming Silver.[oo]

BTW your nephew sounds like the typical sweet 6-year old (I have four greatnephews and they are all just terrific).

Chuck-
#320953 by JAT74L
29 Nov 2005, 00:19
It's the old consistency thing at large again Easy. Glad you had an excellent trip home to make up for it. One thing I disagree with is that you should complain about prissy boy - these people make or break people's expectations and this person clealy ruined your journey (he was making faces at your family behind their back???!)

Regards

John
#320968 by paul_a142
29 Nov 2005, 06:47
easygoingeezer

So pleased that the return leg made up for the obvious disappointment of the outward leg. [y]

Just goes to show that because someone is having a bad day he can spoil what has been looked forward to for a long time.

I remember watching I think airport and they were with the senior check in guy for Air New Zealand and he had this belief that everyone on board had put a ring around the date on the calendar pronanly many months in advance and it was his wish to make it as memorable as possible for his passengers.

Obviously the attendant on your outbound leg didn't see it
#320987 by easygoingeezer
29 Nov 2005, 12:36
I decided to complain after all ( in a polite way of course ),
and have also commended the return flight at the same time.

Thinking it over again made me a bit sad[:#], and that made me think
I saved up a total of £7K for that trip and if I am left with bad memories thats not good enough.

Hopefully my next trip will restore my happy thoughts again. Otherwise I may as well try the competition. You get what you pay for in my book and I could have risked TCD for a hell of a lot less.
#320988 by fozzyo
29 Nov 2005, 12:44
A very good way of looking at it Easy. Real shame to have the tarnish taken off what I expect was otherwise a great holiday.

Thanks for the TR's, glad the return flight made up for it - sounds like you guys were really spoiled by an excellent crew.

Mat xxx
#321731 by buns
04 Dec 2005, 23:40
E.g.g.

Nice to see the return made up for the poor outgoing flight[y][y]

As JAT74L says, consistency is the key to VS success
Virgin Atlantic