Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#239362 by Littlejohn
11 Dec 2005, 13:47
We arrived at LHR in good time to get full use of the Clubhouse. Checkin was quick ane efficient. The Rear Admiral particularly liked treading the red carpet. Through fast track and not wanting any duty free went immidiately through to the CH. As others have said the initial impression is how small it is. But this is of course only Phase I. I was not sure about the decor - a little too Austin Powers retro pose for my liking, but that is just my taste. The food choice is of course much better, particularly with the deli. Had a quick sundowner, then through to the salon. Rear Admiral had the fresh as a daisy which she said was good. I had the Cowboy. Was not too impressed with this - I shave myself closer than they did.

Boarding had the priority boards in place, but no way to get to them, so we queued up in the scrum - sorry VS there is no way I am barging other pax out the way - it just is not on. This need sorting out, and on that basis I marked down check in.

Flight was as expected in most respects. Food was fine, booze was stingy, Cabin was the right temperature [y], and the staff were as always great - frindly, helpful... Entertainment (Arcadia) was disappointing and troublesome so gets marked down again. Staff get marked up.

Not a lot else to say really, so will leave it short and sweet.
#322416 by buns
11 Dec 2005, 15:00
Sailor 99

Thanks for the TR[y][y]

It may of been short, but is speaks volumes[;)]

all the best
#322417 by ChuckC
11 Dec 2005, 15:08
Thanks, Sailor. Good report!

Chuck-
#322481 by JAT74L
11 Dec 2005, 22:59
Cheers 66 oops I mean 99!

John
#322549 by Littlejohn
12 Dec 2005, 14:35
Forgot to say. The FSM came down, just after takeoff, and introduced herself to us with a couple of glasses of bubbly. She also managed to find a 'better' seat for another pax who was in our row of seats, so that we coul have all 4 seats to ourselves - Sorted!. It caused quite a few looks as we stood chatting in the aisle sipping the bubbly. Later in the flight another pax asked me why, and if it was because I was a celeb or something. I am pleased to say that , despite being massively tempted to answer 'Yes, I am Gordon Browns special, personal advisor concerning his campagn to take over from Tony' my better nature got the better of me and I told him it was because I flew so frequently. Shame really as it would have been fun to have lied - he may even have been a reporter!
#322550 by fozzyo
12 Dec 2005, 14:45
Cool TR - thanks. And excellent service from the FSM - top marks for that.

Mat xxx
Virgin Atlantic