Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#239480 by Virgin Lover
21 Dec 2005, 12:07
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Arrived at Manchester at 9am having checked in online the day before. As the flight was at 10:25 check-in was dead, in fact there were only one UC and one PE left open. We were the only ones there and the staff were attentive and professional. After a litte confusion about the validity of my passport (it was brand new and they had not seen one before!?) we were checked in to our pre booked seats (79 A&C) and off to security.

Security was a breeze apart from a seriously indepth examination of my carry on bag, although it did contain a serious amount of electronic gadgets. At least they are doing the job properly.

When we arrived at the gate, there was no enormous queue as expected, in fact the one thing that really struck me was that no one was clamouring around the gate waiting to get on as happens frequently at Gatwick, but, The flight was not full. They started boarding at 9:45 and PE and UC was boarded first, all in a very calm and relaxed manner. Our old friend Hot Lips (G-VLIP) was waiting to greet us, which is funny as this was the plane we returned from orlando on last time we went.

We departed almost on the dot of 10:25 and were soon heading out over Ireland. Skymap was on from the start which I think is a nice touch, and the seat belt sign was turned off very quickly, and not illuminated again until we arrived at MCO.

The Cabin crew in the bubble were excellent, and highly professional. Pre take off drinks were served as expected, a couple of drinks rounds after take off, wine was topped up during the meal service and then brandy and baileys served after dinner. Food was good (sausage and mash), but I do think that this could be worked on a little for PE. The ice cream was again the same as the one served in economy, no Ben & Jerrys.

Entertainment was normal super nova, no problems at all. And the selection of films was fairly wide so I easily found 3 to pass the time.

We were soon descending and landed in MCO after an excellent flight of 8h 40min. We were 1st off (we work as a team and have this down to a fine art) as no one was sitting near the door in economy. and headed off to find our luggage, which was amazingly first onto the carousel. We made it out of the airport and into the Hertz bus, with all our luggage, within 25 mins! I think this must be a record unless anyone else can beat it?

All round an excellent performance from VS and one which will no doubt keep us flying with them for years to come.

Return trip to follow.

Neil.
#323339 by Jon B
21 Dec 2005, 12:14
Thanks for the TR...

Sounds like an excellent flight [y]
#323342 by HighFlyer
21 Dec 2005, 12:35
Glad you had a great flight!
#323381 by Mavrick
21 Dec 2005, 16:57
Good T.R[y]thank you sound like you a very good flight[:D].
#323392 by slinky09
21 Dec 2005, 17:58
Originally posted by Virgin Lover
We made it out of the airport and into the Hertz bus, with all our luggage, within 25 mins! I think this must be a record unless anyone else can beat it?

25 mins is good, if I achieved that I'd be happy too. Can't beat you on MAN-MCO but did manage about 14 mins with hand luggage only once flying into EWR ... and a worst of about 2 1/2 hours in MIA. Could be a survey here for best and worst airports?
Virgin Atlantic