Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#239542 by steve821
27 Dec 2005, 20:06
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Check in was quick and friendly, airport was very quiet, few flights today.
Told that only 80, Yes only eighty on flight but lots of companions. That is a nice gesture by SRB.
Allocated seats 71K & H.
Boarded on time, seats are a shambles all backs very insecure but told this was the same for all PE seats they become rigid when set.
Flight left on time, seat belt sign off and remained off for entire flight. A straight line home in 9hours 30 minutes.
Food was very good, beef and rice etc you all know the rest.
Had to try the G & T's, yes still the same MMMMMMMMMMM!.
Arrived LGW 1010 and were allocated an outer stand, had to bus it to the terminal is this normal on this route, or was it because so few passangers?
Luggage recovery was a mess no priority etc.
Through customs and on to meet grand-children.
Happy holidays and a Great New Year to you all.
#323862 by xenole
29 Dec 2005, 10:12
Can you explain a bit more what you mean about the PE seats please?
#323883 by Richard28
29 Dec 2005, 12:25
Thanks for the TR

Originally posted by steve821
Arrived LGW 1010 and were allocated an outer stand, had to bus it to the terminal is this normal on this route, or was it because so few passangers?

Last time I flew VS44 we used a jetway onto the satellite terminal at LGW (there's a TR lurking somewhere on v-flyer!).

Rich.
#323906 by steve821
29 Dec 2005, 18:31
Xenole
PE seats on this flight were significantly flexible and loose when in the upright position. The back upright moved in excess of 8 inches in either forward or backward movement.
Crew told me all PE seats were like this?
Not the last time I flew PE, however it did not detract from a great flight and good service. I hope this helps.