Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#239675 by miopyk
03 Jan 2006, 22:12
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
OK so now I've had a day to get my head back together here's the return TR.

After a late New Year's eve watching the fireworks in Central Park we slept in the following morning. Got up around 9.30 and went upto the 44th floor for a swim. Took in some last views of the city before going back to do some final packing and checking out.

After leaving our bags with the conciege we decided to go and have breakfast in Times Square and watch the big clean up. We then went down to the Sea, Air & Space Museum which is based around USS Intrepid, a Second World War Aircraft Carrier. This was truly amazing and well worth a visit especially as they have a Concord (Alpha Delta I think) moored on a barge next to Intrepid which you can visit too.

After this we wandered back up to the centre of Manhattan for an early dinner in TGIs by Grand Central before going back to the hotel to collect our bags and meet the town car to JFK (no limo this time).

The drive to JFK took around 45 minutes which we were told was rather quick. As we had used on-line check in the night before we made our way to the bag drop queue. Then I spotted the VS ticketing desk and armed with some advice from V-flyer thought I'd see if there were and exit rows available. There were, so I paid the $150 and felt rather pleased with myself especially as the nice lady told me to go and check in at the UC/PE queue which we did with pleasure.

Seats were row 49 which had a huge amount of leg room, more than PE & AA Business Class which we've flown several times before, and well worth the money. VPort was brilliant and the in flight service was pretty good too. The flight itself was quite smooth and although we left a little late we were on the ground at LHR in about six hours.

So all in all a good trip and now we have nothing to look forward to until we go to LA and Mexico in six weeks time[;)]. But then that will need to be in the next TR.

See you soon

Miopyk