Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#240833 by lynnewob
16 Feb 2006, 17:19
Returned from Las Vegas on 10/11 February 2006 in seats 79A&C in PE upstairs.

Got dropped off at the wrong terminal at LAS and had to walk to the T2 where Virgin fly from. Told by 5 different people to go different ways, catch different transport and eventually walked and found it after being told it wasn't that way in the first instance[:(!]

Had the baggage screened and checked in at the PE desk with only 1 othe person in front. There was one woman who amazed us insisting she needed a wheelchair, then asked for an upgrade from economy and was told only PE upstairs was available. How amazing she was to be able to walk upstairs to the bubble when she couldn't walk to check in!

Had two really great FA's who served water and juice pre-take off. I was advised that the champagne had run out so we couldn't have our pre-boarding champers[n]

Settled into the seats and a swift drinks round was done, followed by another drinks round virtually straight after - I think this was to make up for the lack of champers or they were trying to put us to sleep quickly on the overnight flight.

The meal was served quickly after - 'beef or chicken Madam'. Surprise surprise. The beef was supposed to be bourgignon but was very dry with rice and veg and the chicken dish (which hubby had) was the usual fare of battered chicken.

I buzzed for a fresh set of headphones as mine were faulty and had both FA's come to me to ask what I needed - now that's service.

Settled down quickly to have a good sleep (managed three hours on this flight thank goodness) but hubby told me the FA's came with water a couple of times.

However, this flight was a little bumpy and the seat belt signs remained on for quite a lot of the time. When these were turned off, got up to stretch my legs and had a good chat with one of the extremely friendly FA's who filled me in about new uniform possibilities and a great story about one of their stopovers in Vegas.

Upon landing, waited on the stairs to disembark and were told 'they weren't expecting us, despite landing at this time nearly everyday'. However, once they bridge had been brought to the plane, we disembarked quickly and had to wait for the usual baggage belt allocation.

Once allocated, the bags came out in the first couple of batches and trekked to find out shuttle bus to Gatwick Copthorne which took ages to come. This arrived and collected our car (in one piece thankfully) for a nice long journey back to the Midlands.

Overall, slightly bumpy flight, typical food but excellent FA's which made the flight for us.
#334851 by jamie
16 Feb 2006, 17:21
Good Trip Report. Looks like all the fizz got drank on the way out again!
#334878 by slimey_c
16 Feb 2006, 18:38
Thanks for the TR[y] Sounds like you had a good trip back...
#335240 by Mavrick
18 Feb 2006, 07:43
Thank you for the T.R. [y] [:)] glad to know you had a good flight.