Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#240966 by mediamonkey
22 Feb 2006, 21:19
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Been reading for a while so thought I'd post a review while I wait to meet a friend.

Flew out on VS43 from Gatwick to Vegas on the 21st Feb in Premium Economy, had pre-booked seats online in the Upper Cabin, 87 C H and K.

Checked in at 7.45 for the 10.45 flight, took all of 5 mins, lovely check in girl was very friendly. Then went through to depatures, I thought we had fast track entry, but no one said anything and it wasn't printed on the tickets, but we went for it anyway and were let straight though... so I assume we did have it?

Then went to the clubhouse, I know normally PE people don't, but I was doing a bit of recording for the radio station I work for on board prior to take off, and was meeting the press rep there. Had a lovely relaxing time in the Clubhouse, my friends had the CC breakfast and full english, which looked lovely. I had fruit and plenty of the strawberry & banana smoothies, very tasty. Were treated very well and I got a shoe shine. Were told the plane will be delayed, which was fine as it meant more time to rest up.

Then was taken to the plane at about 10.30ish to record, got far too many dirty looks from everyone waiting to board as they let us go on-board first. Did some recording in the UC cabin, and wow - what a cabin! Really nice, lovely chairs, amazing lighting, lovely crew... top notch.

Then it was time for everyone else to board so we popped upstairs, hung our coats and got comfy, drinks were offered quickly and we departed about 45 mins late, but this was made up for with the 9 hour flying time, meaning we arrived in LV just before 2pm.

The flight was great, loved the seats, I quickly stuck the leg rest out and put it back and managed a good little sleep and sat with my legs up (i like doing that) for a lot of the flight, had lots of room, and loved the upper deck. Watched The Constant Gardener (not great) and Walk The Line (amazing) and played a few games, which were good, but a touch slow.

The cabin crew were lovely, fantastic in fact, really kept up to speed on thing, and my desire for an extra ice cream wasn't a problem.

Wonderful flight, top marks and such. The best thing was the plane stopping at the gate in Vegas, and us being at the baggage collection, 4 and a half minutes later. Bargin!

more of the same on sunday for the return.

over and our
#336290 by onionz
22 Feb 2006, 22:40
Thank you for the report, and welcome to V-Flyer. Always nice to see people dive straight in to a trip report [y].

Wonderful flight, top marks and such. The best thing was the plane stopping at the gate in Vegas, and us being at the baggage collection, 4 and a half minutes later. Bargin!

Yes, getting through LAS is usually very quick, and you would have had the benefit of being amongst the first off, which always helps.

When you mention seats 87C,H and K, did you mean row 77? The the highest row number in PE (and, in fact, on the plane) is row 80.

Hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of editing your title ever so slightly so the fancy route map appears at the top of your post.
#336344 by HighFlyer
23 Feb 2006, 11:17
Thank-you for sharing your journey with us, glad you had a good flight - and a visit to the Clubhouse on top! Look forward to reading the return!

Thanks,
Sarah
#336405 by mediamonkey
23 Feb 2006, 17:20
ah yes, I meant 76 actually, that's the row! foolish of me!
#336440 by MarkJ
23 Feb 2006, 20:13
Great report and welcome to the fold - just out of interest what was the radio broadcast about?
#336552 by mediamonkey
24 Feb 2006, 03:03
It's all part of a package about the thrills and spills of Las Vegas, and some of the technology behind making it happen.
Virgin Atlantic