Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#940987 by ColOrd
20 Jan 2018, 15:41
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Sorry this is a bit late, and photos will hopefully be added in due course.

After two weeks in California, including a last few trips on Virgin America, it was time to head home, having had a week in San Fran and a week in LA it was time to head home.

A little bit about the holiday, San Fran was amazing, but LA was a big disappointment. I had had to seek permission from the father to spend my first Christmas away from home in 32 years before the trip, and the compromise was that I would spend a few days back in the North East before I flew. Sadly, I picked up his flu, and this was the first time I ever had flu in my life, so the second week is when it really hit me and everything was a massive massive effort, including just spending two days not even leaving the hotel, so the reality was that this had not been the best trip. It was funny, but I was actually thinking about HoneyLambs holiday disasters before I went, and I was thinking "wow I am so lucky I have never had a holiday ruined" well, yeah I can now say I have.

So the limo was booked for 1600 from the hotel, and took me straight in to LAX in a few minutes and dropped right by the VS area in terminal 2.

Checked in just as the 8 was closing, so there was a few people being rushed through for the earlier flight. I was really annoyed by the so-called fast track lane, seemed anything but and took ages to get through.

Quick trip over the to the Tom Bradley terminal for some Duty Free (terminal 2 is limited) and then into the Clubhouse with only one other person in there. Given a fantastic welcome by Andy (I did ask permission to name him) who showed me round this lovely little CH. I didn't want for anything for the whole time I was there, the staff were all fantastic. I spent a good 15 mins having a chinwag with the Clubhouse manager who was lovely. The hot donuts and dipping sauce were to die for!

The flight was delayed by about 40 minutes, so a few extra redheads before boarding, Straight down stairs and onto the plane.

The FSM was fantastic, attentive, personalized welcome for Gold Members which I thought was really good . The crew couldn't do enough for everyone, it does show when you have a good FSM, it shows.

I had the beetroot salad starter which was disgusting, but the beef afterwards was amazing and so very tasty.

I took a seat at the bar for dessert, and that's were it went wrong - I fell much more ill, and a combination of the flu and being in the air, spent the next hour in the loo, I have never been travel sick in my life, but this really ruined me.

Got a few hours sleep and landed in to Heathrow with the crew looking after me.

Into the Limo for the trip home, and next thing I knew was in bed, and a trip to the local minor illnesses centre the next day for a check up.

Overall, not one of my favourite flights, but I must say that the crew were fantastic!
#940992 by marshy11
20 Jan 2018, 15:58
So sorry to hear you weren't well, there really isn't anything worse than being ill on holiday. Hopefully you don't feel too cheated.

Thanks for the detailed TR and the lovely photos. I see you had the same "bottle in the salad" as I had some time ago.....!

At least you had a good CH and crew experience. Welcome to the dark side!
#940994 by hiljil
20 Jan 2018, 16:38
Sorry to read of your feeling poorly trip home. At least the crew were sympathetic and helpful.
And you do have some very exciting flights in the pipe line ! :-D

Thank you for the TR and photos.
#941005 by SlimpyJones
20 Jan 2018, 19:20
Great TR, thank you! Sorry to hear you weren't well though. What lousy luck.
Glad to see that the miso donuts still has pride of place on the lax clubhouse menu! My last visit there was some 18 months ago but I remember the food there being superb.
#941080 by pjh
22 Jan 2018, 16:59
Despite all the trials and tribulations, thanks for putting together a very readable TR.
Virgin Atlantic