Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#942249 by esf666
20 Mar 2018, 00:37
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
So our 1st Virgin flight in almost 7 years and boy has it changed.

Service was night and day compared to the return leg. Basically we have had far superior service on Easy Jet & Ryan Air than we had on this cattle class flight.

We were delayed because some idiots decided to have an extra drink and of course once they boarded there was no luggage space available for them so along came the crew and squeezed all our bags together and I mean tightly together so they could load on their multiple carry on's. Why FFS can they not abide by their own rules and limit people to what they're entitled to?

There is no amenity kits provided anymore and after 7 years of flying "cheaper airlines" you quickly wonder what we're paying the extra for to Virgin, oh yeah they have an almost monopoly on this direct route >-(

Any way to the positives, we boarded Jersey Girl and had at least an improved IFE compared to last time although the touch screen was incredibly unresponsive we did have a half decent choice of movies.

Back to the negatives, the flight crew were absent for large portions of the flight and so getting a drink was nigh on impossible and before anyone asks I don't do alcohol on flights.

Anyway return flight to follow...
#943921 by Rugger Mad
28 May 2018, 16:14
I'm doing this route in Sep - first time doing it with VS as I usually do it with BA - and have heard a few stories about the VS LAS route - not all of them complimentary unfortunately (poor IFE, uncomfortable, poor service, rowdy pax to name but a few) - but have taken a lot of these tales with a pinch of salt. Is it really as bad as has been made out? What are the pros and cons of this route?
#943928 by Lucydog
29 May 2018, 10:55
Sorry you did not enjoy your last flight. Vegas trip can be very mixed with hens/stags/kids etc, but the service on long haul is by far very good. We are due new aircraft within the next 2/3 years but most of us love our 747 experience. :D