Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#946355 by oldboy
29 Sep 2018, 06:34
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
We arrived at DTCI around 3 hours prior to our flight to Miami.

It is good that you do not have to book DTCI these days, it certainly didnt slow up the process. Although regular UC v flyers know that there is no longer a need to pre- book DTCI that message obviously hasnt got through to all at VS as we received an e mail a few days before our flight advising us of the benefits of pre- booking.

Once checked in we were soon through security & following visit to Duty Free we were settled in the Club House where we had an enjoyable couple of hours enjoying breakfast & a couple of glasses of bubbly.

We decided to walk to the gate once our flight was showing as boarding on the departure board but before announced. I cannot recall the gate number but was surprised that it was only a short walk. Priority boarding was in place & we were soon seated with bubbly in hand, even had time for a refill.

All aspects of service during the flight were fine, not special but fine & we had no complaints, food was only average.

On arrival in to Miami we were pleased to learn that VS have transferred to a different terminal. We only had a short walk to immigration & brief wait to checked in to the US, this was very different experience to our previous flights in to Miami.

All in all a good VS experience.

oldboy
#946359 by hiljil
29 Sep 2018, 13:20
Thank you for your TR. Glad the flight was fine.

I have to admit, the last few times I’ve flown into MIA I’ve wondered if I’ve landed at the right airport as immigration has been a breeze !