Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#946740 by broono83
26 Oct 2018, 18:27
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Just a quick one for the way back from our Orlando trip.

We got an Uber to MCO about 2.30pm after a great 10 nights in Orlando, the downside being dragged from hooters midways through the NFL I was watching! On arrival to the terminal we were facing Economy checkin with no Q so we went right up and were rejected as both of our bags were 3kg over. This annoys me as a)they were not ridiculously heavy at 26kg and b) we have another 23kg each in allowance that we were not using. So we unceremoniously unpacked some dirty washing into a rucksack and then went over to the Premium checkin (having now spotted it) where we checked in our, now 3, bags.

Security at MCO wasn't as busy as usual and we were quickly though and sat at Bahama Breeze with Rum and Coke in hand, got talking to a nice American chap and whiled away an hour. Wandered to the gate but there was an hour delay so went back to Bahama breeze rather than tuff it out at the gate.

On the flight the crew was great again with plenty chat and drink on offer. Unfortunately the seats and surrounding area were as dirty as on the way out which you can see in the TR here: http://v-flyer.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=297829

Only thing to add is that I didn't enjoy the main meal which was beef in a mushroom sauce, maybe personal but it was dreary and I didn't like the taste, menu and pic below.

All in all enjoyed our great value reward return with a few cleanliness issues which I think need to be addressed.

#946746 by Lucydog
27 Oct 2018, 11:23
I have to admit that the last few flights on our beloved 747 girls have not thrilled me to much. The food is to fussy for economy/premium guests the salad starter has run its course, and a fresh orange juice or mug of soup would be better. The main course could be a hot or cold choice, ie, beef or chicken stew and dumplings etc or Quiche/cold cuts and roll with salad pot. usual pud offering ok. Most of the meals are dried up and sorry looking.
Also the cleaning standards are poor at best, take a small pack of wet wipes and clean around the screen ,table, and hand controller. If you dont want to eat the food served, take your own, which i do now, i buy a hot pastie and cake some crisps and sweet and some biscuits and we enjoy them. I eat breakfast in the V Room and lots of tea, then settle back on the plane with a couple of drinks and watch a film. I do have the afternoon tea option as its very nice. I hope Manchester get a chance soon of the new A350 to Orlando as we have been short changed of the offerings of only now old 747 looking there age, no 787 and 330 which have only just been changed to 3 class, and now the worst the 200 fleet which are not nice, to small for long haul, the choice now for manchester Glasgow and Gatwick is not the standard we pay top pound for. Virgin is starting to loose its personality to the loyal customers who do not choose to fly B.A. I will stay the course but its time to give us up North some new excitement with the new aircraft. I actually live in wolverhampton but as Birmingham get no V.A aircraft, why not !!!! Tampa on the 300 daily summer run for starters. Birmingham has lost out.
#946761 by VS075
30 Oct 2018, 10:24
Thanks for both TR's. You have every right to be angry about the (lack of) cleanliness on board both flights. It doesn't matter how old the aircraft is or that its days in the fleet are numbered. You paid for a Premium product and filthy cabins isn't what I consider to be part of the Premium experience, so I do hope you take this up with VS as there's simply no excuses.

As for the baggage allowance fiasco, I had something similar at MCO the last time I flew through there and having to reorganise cases at the desks because one of our bags was a tad over despite having some of our overall allowance spare, yet other airports (and airlines) have no issue with bags being slightly overweight providing the overall weight of everyone's bags on the booking is within the limit. Maybe you had the same person checking you in as we did.