Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#947723 by ColOrd
28 Dec 2018, 19:18
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
So after 5 days in San Fran and a quick sojourn to Seattle I was all set to return.

I had a great time in the Clubhouse but Im still a bit perturbed by the incident there which is why I have downgraded my feedback for Ground staff to average. I did have a totally DYKWIA moment when I eventually got to the gate to ask "has upper class boarding started" only to be told to get in line, and replying with "what all those people are upper class?" only to be told that they were...not judging on appearances, but I think half of the flight seemed to be in the queue for Upper boarding!

That being said, boarding was very smooth and warming welcomed on board by a a fantastic cabin crew, who couldn't do enough for you during the flight.

As it was Boxing day for UK travellers this crew were clearly in the Christmas spirit, and they were all on top form!

I think the return menu has been discussed elsewhere however, the veggie option wasn't particularly appealing and so I ended up with the Christmas dinner, which was amazing! Everything was spot on with it. The advertised dessert wasn't loaded so instead we had a pumpkin tart which was very tasty!

The service was a little slow but I didn't really find it a problem as it meant it was dragged out which I wasn't ready for bed and didn't want to be in a dark cabin by 8pm!

Most people had settled down to bed by about 10pm, and I took an hour at the bar having a bit of chit chat with the crew, and catching up on work emails. I generally when I am travelling long haul keep away from work however I have a number of trips coming up that will seriously eat into my annual leave including 2x2weekers so I am keeping on my bosses good side!

Breakfast was good, but only due to the lovely maple danish, the hot options where meh!

Landed in on gate 22 so the longest schlep through to immigration. I waited 10-15 mins to take a call and use the loo and was through in seconds with cases just starting to come off, and mine was first so a good tactical delay!

Overall a fantastic flight!