Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#948453 by tomthumb
01 Feb 2019, 19:18
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Like all good things, it had to end, so it was off to Grantly Adams International for the journey home!!

So two very relaxed and chilled out people arrived at the airport and off to check in. Now this flight was going to Heathrow on VS0132 (doesn't show on the drop down menu so had to pick Gatwick) and was the first return flight for the winter season and the only seats that we could get at the time of booking, as all the UC seats had gone going to Gatwick, and this was back in January 2018!!

At Check in there was a minor wait and we were waved onto the PE dedicated desk, and when our bags were being weighed I was told mine was overweight at 25 Kg's, I pointed out that it wasn't and the lady disagreed with me until I pointed out that I flying UC (she had our tickets in her hand) and was allowed 32 kg's. The conversation seemed to stop just at that point and the Check In lady at the Upper Desk did look bemused by it all!!!

Well once the bags were ditched - we went through Departure Immigration and Security which was rather quick and into the Departure area. After a brief stop at 'Duty Free' we headed off to the 'lounge' - which Virgin shared with another airline and was in fact the old lounge cut in half with a dividing wall.... One last Banks Beer me thinks (make that three) and I hunted for a Roti, alas none were to be found on our side of the wall, or on my forage to the other side.... so disappointed I ended up with Pringles!!!!

Our flight was called and we left it a bit to boarding and when we went down to the gate went straight through and had our last bit of Caribbean heat and onto a A330 and Miss England. We were seated in seats A3 and 4. UC was full and in total 198 passengers, 10 crew and 2 pilots.

Greeted with a glass of champagne and settled into the seat. The cabin crew member on our side of the aircraft introduced herself to us and also later on, she took meal orders etc. The seat was comfortable and I busied myself with deciding what I was going to watch on the IFE. Once airborne the meal service was quick and efficient and I again had the Steak and Cheese and Biscuits with port and bandy (We were taking a Taxi from Heathrow) - and then watched a few movies. The cabin lights were dimmed and those that wanted to slept.

Had a bit of shut eye and before you know it, it's time for breakfast and the descent into Heathrow.

All in all a solid flight with attentive crew
#948454 by hiljil
01 Feb 2019, 19:27
Glad the homebound flight was again enjoyable.

How satisfying to have your next visit to Sandpipers already booked.
Virgin Atlantic