Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#948547 by David1946
08 Feb 2019, 13:18
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Once again it was time for our annual trip to Florida and some warm sunshine. We overnighted at the Radisson Blue andput I commented as we were dropped off that we wouldn't need to go outside again until Fort Myers. Check in at Manchester was quiet so there was no waiting. Security wasn't too bad either and only took about 10 minutes. I notice they have now put like counter tops so that you can carry your tray there to unload rather than all standing at the conveyors.

Our ride Jersey Girl was waiting for us on Gate 210 and we commenced loading about 45 mins before departure. Only problem was the airbridge was out of order and so we had to trek all the way to ground level and go OUTSIDE and use a set of fairly steep stairs to reach the aircraft. So much for my comment.

We took our seats 19A & C which we prefer as it usually gets us first off. The load was only 239 passengers and I noticed that whilst awaiting the flight there were regular announcements to passengers who had transferred from the Jetstar flight from Mumbai and from Flybe so obviously the code shares are proving beneficial.

The flight was excellent except the guy in front immediately fully reclined his seat and kept it that way for the whole flight only putting it up for his meal. I know he can but most people don't do so on a daytime flight. Sorry rant over.

We landed about 20 mins early and were second off and into a fairly busy Immigration Hall as the LHR flight had landed about 20 mins ahead of us. Time to test our GE. Result wonderful through in less than 5 mins as no queue for machines nor for the agent. Had to wait about 10 mins for luggage and I noticed a great deal of the early ones were tagged from Bombay and Mumbai and off the Jetstar flight.

Collected our cases and straight through Customs. We now had a 4 hour layover for our flight to RSW so spoke to Delta rep. over possibility of changing to the 4.22pm. Seems she could put us on standby for $75 each. So this was paid and luggage re-labelled and we would not be charged if unsuccessful.

Went for train and, once again, straight through security in the TSA pre-check lane and arrived at gate to find we had seats on early flight.

Finally arrived in RSW 2.5 hours earlier than expected, picked up car and were at hotel in Naples just before Happy Hour ended.

Overall a good trip and really glad we took the advice on here to pay for Global Entry.
#948550 by SlimpyJones
08 Feb 2019, 13:59
Thanks for the TR! Always nice to get them out of Manchester. Glad to hear lots of connections from Mumbai on um... Jet Airways ;-)

Any obvious differences at MAN given all the construction work?

Re: the recline, I know exactly what you mean, suffered the same thing on a DXB-LHR flight a few days ago. Soon as the seatbelt sign went off, bye bye legroom!
#948560 by David1946
08 Feb 2019, 15:31
Hi Slimpy thanks for your comments and correcting Jet Airways. Think I'm still a bit jet lagged. The new Terminal 2 looks massive in length and if Virgin are down at the far end it could be a long walk from the Radisson for us old folk. Hopefully though it will mean more VS flights and destinations. At the moment there doesn't seem any changes and I noticed several flights being bussed to the aircraft through I think Gate 212. There maybe more apparent changes when we arrive back at the end of March,