This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962222 by Bluebear
19 Aug 2023, 10:09
Good morning
I hope someone can help with my query.
If I reach my status within my year do I automatically get moved to next level straight away or do I have to wait until my anniversary for it to update?
Is a tier point year 12 months or 13 months?

Many thanks
#962224 by EstelleB
19 Aug 2023, 10:56
This is a really good question, does status last 12 months from when you hit it, or do tier points disappear 12 months after they are awarded?

As almost all of my flights have been reward seats it's only since they changed the rules that I've started to collect some so I don't really know how this works!
#962225 by CommanderB
19 Aug 2023, 11:43
Your new status kicks in as soon as it is earned. So if you hit 400 tier points, your account will change from red to silver immediately.

As for the 12/13 month thing, I've never fully understood the way that works. I just go for Gold as quickly as I can within the year.

You FC account does have the exact date which you need to hit your status threshold by to either earn or retain the status you have.

For example, mine has 29th Feb 2024 as the deadline for hitting Gold. I'm due to hit Gold in about 6 weeks or so, after that all tier points will continue accruing for me until that Feb deadline. That allows Golds to attain the 1500/2000 tier point rewards as detailed in the Gold benefits table. Once the deadline is hit, tier points get zeroed out and you start all over again.

Hope that makes sense?
#962235 by Bluebear
19 Aug 2023, 19:57
Thank you very much for your reply.

Is my earning /anniversary date essentially my joining date? (30thJuly)

If that is the case FC seem to have made an arbitrary date themselves (9thJuly)

I’ve spoken to 2 customer service advisors one said I had 13 months to earn and another said my year was 31 August before changing it to 9th july.

I’m hitting a brick wall trying to get to Silver. Any advice how to tackle this? Any where I can escalate it too? Am I fighting a losing battle?
#962236 by Bluebear
19 Aug 2023, 20:58
Found on Virgin website that

“the tier points run from the current date of the month to the 1st day of the same month in the previous year”
Virgin Atlantic