This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963362 by Dale Hawkes
14 Feb 2024, 14:36
Hi everyone,

Just trying to get a general view about our flight in November.

We are flying on the vs91 (Lhr-Mco) November this year. Currently we have been given a departure time of 11:25 on a A350. Last year virgin changed the times to a later afternoon flight and a different aircraft.

Even thou it’s probably a difficult question to answer Should we prepare for a schedule change as the winter schedule always seems to change?

Yet again sorry if this is a dumb question at this stage but just wanted a general consensus. Thank you for reading and thank you in advance for any information/insight given.
#963363 by VS0069
14 Feb 2024, 15:14
Not a silly question at all!

The simple answer is yes absolutely it can change. The airlines typically sell what time they wish to go within the parameters of the slot they have however the airports on both sides won’t have confirmed the overall airport schedule till quite a bit later.

Once the airports finalise the schedule you will end up with no change, a minor change (I believe this is defined as 3 hours earlier or later) or if the schedule given causes other issues Virgin will then initiate a major time change to make sure a plane is available to take you. Winter schedule starts the end of October so I’m sure things will be more set in stone for you from May. Although changes are still of course possible!

Good luck!
#963364 by Dale Hawkes
14 Feb 2024, 15:40
VS0069 wrote:Not a silly question at all!

The simple answer is yes absolutely it can change. The airlines typically sell what time they wish to go within the parameters of the slot they have however the airports on both sides won’t have confirmed the overall airport schedule till quite a bit later.

Once the airports finalise the schedule you will end up with no change, a minor change (I believe this is defined as 3 hours earlier or later) or if the schedule given causes other issues Virgin will then initiate a major time change to make sure a plane is available to take you. Winter schedule starts the end of October so I’m sure things will be more set in stone for you from May. Although changes are still of course possible!

Good luck!

Thank you for the reply, the explanation of the time slot sales has made a lot of sense.

Yet again I really appreciate the reply

Have a great day