This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963092 by SDFLYER
06 Jan 2024, 15:46
Does anyone have experience of check in with Qatar?

We are flying business to Phuket via Doa from Amsterdam. The 48 hr window has opened but it won’t let me check in online. I have called the airline and they’ve said the check in is under airport control and there is nothing they can do and I’ll have to check in when we get to the airport. Should I be worried? I’m concerned of being downgraded
I have done a dummy booking and they are still selling business on all legs of the flight,so it’s not oversold. Could one of you kindly do a load check on the following flights
QR0276 and QR0840

Thanks in advance,

Steve
#963094 by mikethe3rd
06 Jan 2024, 19:34
This is for Monday Jan 8th 2024, UK POS.

J2 C2 D2 I0 R0 P0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 T9 O9 W0

& is QR840 for the 9th?

J4 C4 D4 I4 R3 P0 Y9 B9 H9 K8 M7 L6 V5 S3 N0 Q0 T0 O0 W0
#963198 by starquake
24 Jan 2024, 19:56
Sorry for late note, but I wouldn't worry, on the (arguably few - 4 in J to thailand) flights we've taken it's not unusual for them to be locked to airports both directions in the 2 days before you go. We usually go from Stockholm to Bangkok. I think this is down to their baggage policy (see below).

Phuket is likely the reason here as there are "less" connections from DOH, I think they only have 1 a day when we flew so it's this leg from Doha that could be of concern. But I wouldn't worry as they will put you onto a BKK flight then onto domestic connection on Bangkok airlines if you can't make the connection from our experience going to Koh Samui one year..

Something to bear in mind is they are ALSO happy to through check bags unlike BA, so if you doing a route back to London on BA metal from AMS on way home (on a seperate ticket), when we last went they also checked our luggage through to the seperately booked connection. That was even more interesting on last trip as they checked the bags through to BA before BA had loaded the Stockholm to London segment and opened on their systems so had a situation where they had to phone through to BA from BKK at checkin given it was > 36 hours away at time of checkin. All worked a treat though.