This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#165387 by HighFlyer
29 Mar 2007, 22:47
:D

I am so tempted to mail over the appropriate Retail Therapy page to the winning bidder! Especially to highlight that the pods only cost £6 each!

Thanks,
Sarah
#165388 by slinky09
29 Mar 2007, 22:49
Originally posted by Juliet
flight pod looks like they are trying to pass this off as the newest amenity kit.[V][n]

Forgive me if my recollection is wrong, I don't often read let alone buy duty free. However I'm not sure the seller is that out of order, you can buy flight pods in the UC duty free list (it's no different to any other class but it applies) and they are full of alledged amenities?

So a bit of marketing and nothing more?
#165390 by andrew.m.wright
29 Mar 2007, 22:50
flight pod looks like they are trying to pass this off as the newest amenity kit.[V][n]

Cue GJ :D
#165393 by Juliet
29 Mar 2007, 22:53
Originally posted by slinky09
So a bit of marketing and nothing more?

I give them marks for good marketing, but it still feels a bit, well, false advertising, for those who don't buy duty free, or collect Amenity Kits (as in the complimentary ones given out on the flight)
#165395 by HighFlyer
29 Mar 2007, 23:01
Definitely false advertising. Its marketed as the onboard amenity kit for Upper Class by the seller - and its actually a kit than anybody, even Economy/PE passengers, can buy onboard.

Thanks,
Sarah
#165396 by preiffer
29 Mar 2007, 23:03
I give them marks for good marketing, but it still feels a bit, well, false advertising
So not that disimilar to VS quoting "use of the Virgin Clubhouse" to MAN passengers or "Beauty Therapists onboard" to those from LGW then, Juliet...?

It's not like VS themselves have not been known to "stretch the truth" from time to time...

[:w];)

(having said that, I do agree - a little naughty [V])
#165398 by Decker
29 Mar 2007, 23:12
Cleverly written. The only dodgy thing I can see is 'limited' which strictly is true of anything that is produced by manufacturers. The rest is designed to create an impression without actually saying it...
#165404 by RichardMannion
29 Mar 2007, 23:49
Originally posted by preiffer
I give them marks for good marketing, but it still feels a bit, well, false advertising
So not that disimilar to VS quoting "use of the Virgin Clubhouse" to MAN passengers or "Beauty Therapists onboard" to those from LGW then, Juliet...?

It's not like VS themselves have not been known to "stretch the truth" from time to time...

Oooh, Touche! :D
#165409 by Scrooge
30 Mar 2007, 00:37
Originally posted by preiffer

Ouch
Virgin Atlantic