This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#772608 by Pianofunk
25 Mar 2011, 18:43
Flying from T3 in August

Can someone recommend the best hotel for this terminal

Need a park & fly package

We usually prefer hotels within the airport eg Hilton Gatwick but it appears there's no such option at Heathrow

#772609 by Nottingham Nick
25 Mar 2011, 18:51
Whichever you can get a good deal at. :D

I have stayed at most of them on the Bath Road and none leap out as being much better than the others. The Park Inn used to have a great carvery buffet, but I haven't been there for a while.

If you have no status with any of the big chains, then have a look at http://www.Holidayextras.co.uk and take your pick from the list offered.

If you do stay on the Bath Road, and want a good hearty meal - don't forget V-Flyer's favourite pub - The Pheasant.
http://www.pheasant-restaurant.co.uk/

Nick
#772633 by MrT
25 Mar 2011, 22:19
rickjt62 wrote:We usually prefer hotels within the airport eg Hilton Gatwick but it appears there's no such option at Heathrow

The LHR onsite hotels are the Sofitel at T5 and the Hilton at T4. I prefer the Sofitel as it is closer to the terminal. It is a nice hotel and I have read good reports about their park/fly package.

You can reach T3 from T4/T5 by a short free train journey.

I am sure others will give recommendations for close-by hotels on Bath Rd.
#772644 by locutus
25 Mar 2011, 23:36
Nottingham Nick wrote:I have only heard good things about the Sofitel. y)

Nick

Like this you mean?

"Their internet charges and mid week rates are good."

:P
#772658 by Jacki
26 Mar 2011, 06:23
I'm another Sofitel fan y)
#772673 by RedVee
26 Mar 2011, 09:52
If considering the Hilton or Sofitel, you might find this thread useful.

Regards
R3dV
#772681 by ansonm
26 Mar 2011, 11:44
The Sheraton Skyline has well appointed rooms, an awesome view of the airfield, a Starbucks and a good American style bar. Reasonable price for room and parking. Do not stay at the Renaissance, worst night sleep I've ever had!!!!
#772682 by Nottingham Nick
26 Mar 2011, 12:05
Welcome to V-Flyer, ansonm.

What was the problem with the Renaissance?

It used to be on my avoid list after they ripped me off (I thought) for parking charges, but I stayed there last year after getting a rate too good to pass up, and thought it was much improved.

I have stayed there three times since, as I like the view of LHR from the lounge, and you can normally get a good rate there.

Nick
#772685 by mitchja
26 Mar 2011, 13:37
Another vote for the T5 Sofitel here, beats the pants off the now tired looking T4 Hilton and that long cold drafty tunnel you have to walk down to get to the hotel to/from T4.

Stayed at the Sofitel for the first time over the New Year and I'd have no hesitation in staying there again y)

It's also very easy to get from T5 to T3 using the HEX which run every 15 minutes and take less than 5 minutes to/from the lower level in T5 (very close to terminal hotel entrance) to the central station area. It's then about a 10 minute walk to T3 departures.
#773284 by ansonm
30 Mar 2011, 13:29
The rooms at the renaissance were very outdated, the bed and pillows uncomfortable. The whole room just felt very claustrophobic and stuffy!
Virgin Atlantic